Simplified procedure for obtaining Russian citizenship for citizens of Ukraine
FMS of Russia prepared a draft law on simplified procedures for obtaining Russian citizenship by citizens of Ukraine.
According to the text of the draft Ukrainian citizens will not have to comply with the following requirements when applying for citizenship of the Russian Federation:
- continuous residence on the territory of the Russian Federation for residence permit during the 5 year-term;
- existence of a legitimate source of livelihood;
- Russian language skills.
Wherein the action of a simplified procedure for obtaining citizenship will apply to those citizens of Ukraine who simultaneously fulfill the following conditions:
- a person arrived on the territory of the Russian Federation as a result of a large scale emergency;
- a person granted temporary asylum or refugee status in 2014-2015;
- a person participating in the State program of assistance to the voluntary resettlement to the Russian Federation of compatriots living abroad;
- a person having registration at the place of residence on the territory of the RF subject of their choice for permanent residence in accordance with the state program.
Return to the list of news