A draft decree of the President of the Russian Federation was published on restrictions for foreign citizens in connection with the FIFA Confederations Cup in 2017 and the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
The decree introduces restrictions on foreign citizens, as well as Russian citizens, for their arrival and stay in the cities in which the tournaments will be held.
Thus, the President’s Draft Decree provides that in the period from June 1 to July 12, 2017 in Sochi, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kazan, and also from May 25 to July 25, 2018 in the cities of St. Petersburg, Moscow , Ekaterinburg, Volgograd, Sochi, Kazan, Kaliningrad, Rostov-on-Don, Samara, Saransk, Nizhny Novgorod:
• Russian citizens staying in residential premises (except for hotels, sanatoriums, holiday homes, boarding houses, campsites, tourist bases, hospitals) or having moved to the specified subjects of the Russian Federation are obliged to apply with the prescribed application form and submit Documents for registration to the territorial bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia for registration at the place of stay or at the place of residence not later than three days from the date of arrival;
• documents on registration of citizens of the Russian Federation are issued on the day of their receipt in the territorial bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia;
• notification made by citizens of the Russian Federation of territorial bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia about the time and place of their stay is carried out by personal appeal;
• registration and withdrawal of citizens of the Russian Federation from registration at the place of stay in a hotel, sanatorium, rest home, boarding house, on a tourist base, in a hospital are made in the manner established by the legislation of the Russian Federation;
• registration at the place of residence or registration at the place of residence of foreign citizens arriving as a temporary or permanent resident is carried out within one day from the date of their arrival at the place of residence or residence when submitting documents stipulated by the legislation of the Russian Federation in the relevant territorial body of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia.
At the same time, it should be noted that the requirements concerning the procedure for registering at the place of residence and registration at the place of residence, the procedure and the terms of stay do not apply to:
- citizens of the Russian Federation and foreign citizens - participants of the 2018 FIFA World Cup or the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup,
- representatives of FIFA or affiliated organizations of FIFA, confederations and national football associations included in FIFA lists.
The decree also stipulates that on the days of sporting events, it will be necessary to suspend the transportation of Russian citizens, foreigners and stateless persons on tourist and excursion routes on all modes of transport to these cities if they are not related to attending these sporting events.