The draft law has been submitted to the State Duma implying a toughening of the requirements for the grounds on obtaining a temporary residency permit by foreign citizens according to the non-quoted procedure.
So, according to the planned changes, the relationship with citizens of the Russian Federation will be the basis for obtaining a temporary residency permit without a quota if the specified Russian citizens will have a residence in the subject region of Russian Federation where the temporary residence permit is planned.
If this bill is adopted, such a requirement will apply to the following categories of citizens:
• incapacitated foreign citizens with a physically capable child (son/daughter) , citizens of the Russian Federation;
• capable foreign citizens having an incapacitated parent, citizens of the Russian Federation;
• foreign citizens who are married to a citizen of the Russian Federation and who have a residence in the Russian Federation;
• foreign citizens who have a child (under 18 years of age or over 18 years of age but recognized as not legally competent) citizen of the Russian Federation;
• foreign citizens (under 18 years of age or over 18 years of age, but recognized as not legally competent) who receive a temporary residency permit at the request of their parents / guardians, citizens of the Russian Federation.
In addition, it is proposed not to restrict certain categories of foreign citizens in changing their place of residence within or outside the subject region of Russian Federation, in the territory of which a temporary residency permit has been issued to a foreign citizen. To such categories it is planned to include:
• temporarily residing foreign citizens who have received the status of a participant (family member of the participant ) to the State Program for the Promotion of Voluntary Resettlement in the Russian Federation of Compatriots Living Abroad,
• temporarily residing foreign citizens who have moved to a new place of residence of Russian citizens-relatives, on the basis of relationship with whom the temporary residence permit was received.