Regarding changes in the rules for obtaining Schengen visas
In the near future it is planned to make a number of changes to the EU Visa Code, which will be aimed at correcting the rules for obtaining Schengen visas.
The new rules will be aimed at:
• Strengthening cooperation with non-EU countries;
• Improvement of safety standards;
• Facilitation of tourism, business and trade;
• Readmission of irregular migrants.
According to the planned changes, it will be possible to fill in and sign the Schengen visa application form electronically. It will be possible to apply for a Schengen visa six months in advance, but not later than 15 days before the trip.
Visa fee for citizens of the countries with which the agreement on visa facilitation is signed will be 35 euros, and for citizens of other countries - 80 euros.
It is planned to follow the principles for the period for which a Schengen visa can be issued:
• Visa for 5 years can be obtained in the case of a two-year visa issued earlier during the previous 3 years and the absence of violations of conditions for entry on it;
• A 1-year visa can be obtained if there are three short-term visas previously issued during the previous 2 years and if there are no breaches of conditions;
• Visa for 2 years can be obtained in case of availability of an annual visa issued earlier within 2 previous years and absence of violations of conditions of entry on it.
The above changes are currently being negotiated.
Return to the list of news