Employers Will Be Fined for Restrictions of a Discriminatory Nature
In accordance with the draft law "On amendments to some legislative acts of the Russian Federation" for the distribution of information about job vacancies which contain restrictions of discriminatory nature the employer will be fined up to 15,000 rubles.
It proposes to establish in law of the Russian Federation "On Employment in the Russian Federation" a particular rule whereby no employer has the right to distribute information about job vacancies which contain restrictions such as:
· Sex, race, color of skin, nationality, language or background;
· Property, family, social or professional status;
· Place of residence;
· Religious affiliation;
· Political beliefs or affiliations;
· Involvement to or non-involvement with social associations;
· As well as for other reasons that are not related to the qualifications of the employee, except in cases as required by law.
We recall that although the Labor Code prohibits the arbitrary denial of an employment agreement, however there is no rule prohibiting discrimination in advertisements for job vacancies.
Return to the list of news