Possible suspension of quotas for foreign workers from CIS countrie
A draft law concerning the simplification of obtaining a work permit for foreign citizens from countries with visa-free regime is under consideration by the State Duma.
Nowadays foreign citizens are hired within the framework of quota system. However, according to the draft law, a foreign citizen that noted the working purpose of the visit in his migration card has to submit an application for a patent to the Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation within 30 days.
Also, besides the application, it is necessary to submit such documents, as:
• proof of identification;
• a migration card;
• documents of advance payment of personal income tax;
• a voluntary medical insurance policy;
• a certificate proving the absence of addiction and dangerous infectious diseases;
• documents on the registration of the place of residence;
• a document proving the knowledge of Russian language, history and legislation (as provided for by the law).
Duration of patents will be from one month to one year (the patent for more than a month will be issued only in the presence of a labor contract for the corresponding period). The document will be automatically prolonged by advance payment of personal income tax.
A patent gives a foreign citizen the right to work in only one region within the specified scope.
Return to the list of news