Armenian citizens could work in Russia without work permit
In October 2014, Armenia signed the Treaty of Accession to the Eurasian Economic Union, which already includes Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan.
Joining the Eurasian Economic Union will allow the citizens of Armenia receive significant preferences in employment on the territory of Russia, among which we can mention:
• Implementation of work without issuing additional approvals: no work permit, no patents will be needed.
• The period of temporary stay (residence) will be determined by the period of the employment or civil law contract concluded between the employer and citizen of Armenia.
• Certificates of education issued in Armenia or in another Member State of the Union, are recognized without additional checks. The only exceptions are the documents required for teaching, legal, medical or pharmaceutical employment activity - in this case, the need to undergo the procedure for the recognition of their qualifications.
• Citizens of Armenia will be exempt from migration registration within 30 days of the date of entry.
• In the event of early termination of the employment or civil contract after the expiry of the 90 day period from the date of entry, the Armenian citizen has the right, without having to depart from the territory of Russia for 15 days to sign a new employment or civil contracts
Expatriates and their families after joining the Eurasian Economic Union will be able to enjoy the same benefits that citizens of Belarus and Kazakhstan currently enjoying. For example, the children of a citizen of Armenia, who is officially employed in Russia, have the right to attend preschool and school. In addition Armenian citizens can rely on social security (other than pensions) under the same conditions and in the same manner as Russian citizens.
Return to the list of news