In connection with the FIFA Confederations Cup in the period from June 1 to July 12, 2017 on the territory of Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kazan, Sochi, arrival notification at the place of stay and registration at the place of residence for foreign citizens and stateless persons must be obtained within 1 day from the date of arrival of foreign citizens at the place of stay (residence).
This requirement applies to ALL FOREIGN CITIZENS who have arrived for temporary stay (temporary or permanent residence) and who are staying on the territory of the Russian Federation, including:
1. highly qualified specialists (and their family members);
2. citizens of the Eurasian Economic Community (ЕВРАЗЭС) member countries;
3. foreign citizens who work on the basis of work permits or patents;
4. foreign citizens who have a temporary residence permit or permanent residence permit (foreign citizens with temporary residence permit or permanent residence permit who do not have arrival notification or registration on the territory of this region are also obliged to obtain arrival notification/registration within 1 day).
This requirement applies to all foreign citizens, including foreign citizens who arrive to Moscow/St. Petersburg/Kazan/Sochi from abroad and foreigners who arrive to Moscow / St. Petersburg / Kazan / Sochi from another region of Russia.
Only foreign citizens and stateless persons who are participants of the World Cup, the Confederations Cup, as well as representatives of FIFA, affiliated organizations of FIFA, confederations and national football associations on the FIFA included in FIFA lists are released from obtaining arrival notifications.
Obtaining arrival notification/ registration for this period of time is carried out only directly in the district migration offices of migration department of Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs (УВМ ГУ МВД) obtaining arrival notification/ registration carried out via post office, or by application to multifunctional center (МФЦ) is not allowed .
In view of the tightening of the rules for obtaining arrival notification/ registration, for the period from June 1 to July 12, 2017 it could be recommended the following:
- to reduce the activity of trips of foreign citizens not only abroad, but also through the territory of the Russian Federation,
- by May 31, 2017 obtain arrival notification/registration for all foreign citizens who have already arrived and are staying on the territory of Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kazan, Sochi (including foreign employees who are highly qualified specialists, with temporary and permanent residence permit);
- in case of urgent need for trip , plan to arrive in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kazan, Sochi from Monday to Thursday,
- to cancel or postpone trips planned for arrival in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kazan, Sochi from Friday to Sunday.
Also draw your attention to the fact that such restrictions on term of obtaining arrival notification and migration registration will be valid from May 25, 2018 to July 25, 2018 in Volgograd, Yekaterinburg, Kazan, Kaliningrad, Moscow, Nizhny Novgorod, Rostov-on- Don, Samara, St. Petersburg, Saransk, Sochi in connection with holding of the World Cup 2018.