New regulations on obtaining patents for foreign citizens carrying out employment activity in the Russian Federation
The order of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation dated 10/10/2017 N 800 approved administrative regulations for the provision of public services for obtaining and issuance of patents to foreign citizens and stateless persons carrying out employment activity on the territory of the Russian Federation.
Applicants for obtaining a patent are foreign citizens who are legally residing in the Russian Federation and stateless persons who arrived in the Russian Federation in a manner not requiring a visa and who have reached the age of 18 years.
To obtain a patent, a foreign citizen must submit the following documents in person or through an authorized organization:
• application for the granting of a patent;
• personal identification document ;
• a contract (policy) of voluntary medical insurance that is valid on the territory of the Russian Federation for the period of employment by the foreign citizen;
• documents confirming the absence of a given drug addiction from a foreign citizen, as well as a certificate of absence of HIV infection;
• a document confirming the knowledge of the Russian language, knowledge of Russian history and the basis of legislation of the Russian Federation.
The maximum period for processing and issuing a patent to a foreign citizen or sending a notification of refusal should not exceed 10 working days from the day the migration unit receives an application for a patent.
Return to the list of news