Conditions for extension of temporary stay on the territory of the Russian Federation for the citizens of Ukraine
In accordance with the Federal law, the period of temporary stay of the citizens of Ukraine in Russia may not exceed a total of 90 days per period of 180 days.
Divisions of the Federal Migration Service are instructed to freely extend the period of stay in the Russian Federation for the citizens of Ukraine for the period of Ukrainian domestic crisis, so for its extension a citizen of Ukraine should apply to the territorial division of the Federal Migration Service at its location with a passport and a migration card that will be marked.
Moreover, the duration of stay on the territory of the Russian Federation may be extended in such cases when:
• a temporary residency permit is issued (or the application and other documents required to obtain a temporary residency permit are accepted);
• a statement on issuing notice of the possibility of admission to citizenship of the Russian Federation of a foreign citizen recognized a Russian language speaker is adopted;
• a petition of the employer or customer of works or services to hire the citizen of Ukraine recognized as a highly qualified specialist (or a statement of the employer or customer of works or services for the prolongation of a work permit issued by such highly qualified specialist) was adopted by the authorities of the FMS of Russia;
• a request from an educational institution to extend the period of temporary stay in the Russian Federation for a citizen of Ukraine (a student on the basic professional education program, which has a state accreditation) is received;
• a request for refugee status on the territory of the Russian Federation is submitted (or the period of consideration of application for refugee status on the territory of the Russian Federation is extended);
• a request for applying for temporary asylum or extension of temporary asylum by the decision of the territorial authorities of the FMS of Russia is submitted.
Return to the list of news