On January 1, 2015, the Federal Law of April 20, 2014 № 74-FZ will enter into force. According to it, in order to obtain a work permit, temporary residence permit and residence permit, foreign citizens will be obliged to confirm their knowledge of the Russian language and , history, as well as a basic understanding of the legislation of the Russian Federation.
The web page for the Russian test consortium (http://testcons.ru
) contains subject material allowing candidates to prepare for the exams in the fundamentals of Russian Legislation and the history of Russia.
The following documents on the fundamentals of Russian legislation are freely accessible:
- text sample;
- questions summary list;
- basic regulations for the entire module.
The following information on the history of Russia is freely accessible:
- historical timeline to remember;
- modern Russian holidays;
- government and military figures;
- Russian science, culture and public figures.
The following categories of foreign citizens will not require to confirm their knowledge of the Russian language, the history of Russia and the basic knowledge of the legislation of the Russian Federation to apply for temporary residence permit and residence permit:
1) foreign citizens who are physically incapable or have restricted capacity to perform the tests;
2) foreign citizens under the age of 18;
3) male foreign older than citizens 65;
4) female foreign citizens older than 60;
5) foreign citizens - members of the State program aimed to assist in the voluntary resettlement to the Russian Federation of compatriots living abroad as well as their family members who are relocating with them to the Russian Federation;
6) foreign citizens who are highy-qualified professionals and their family members.
Foreign citizens who obtained residence or a work permit before January 1 2015 are to submit the document confirming their knowledge of the Russian language, the history of Russia and the basic knowledge of the legislation of the Russian Federation in the event an extension of their residence or work permit is required.